In weightlifting, competitors lift barbells above their head with both hands, and the one who succeeds in lifting the heaviest barbell wins. Competitors are categorized into different divisions according to their body weight and compete with others in the same division.
The World Masters Games 2021 Kansai will feature two weightlifting events: the snatch, which involves gripping a barbell with both hands and lifting it above the head in one move; and the clean and jerk, which involves first lifting a barbell to the clavicles (clean) and then raising it above the head in the next move (jerk). The competitor with the highest combined score of both events wins.
55kg：M35, M40, M45, M50, M55, M60, M65, M70, M75, M80
61kg：M35, M40, M45, M50, M55, M60, M65, M70, M75, M80
67kg：M35, M40, M45, M50, M55, M60, M65, M70, M75, M80
73kg：M35, M40, M45, M50, M55, M60, M65, M70, M75, M80
81kg：M35, M40, M45, M50, M55, M60, M65, M70, M75, M80
89kg：M35, M40, M45, M50, M55, M60, M65, M70, M75, M80
96kg：M35, M40, M45, M50, M55, M60, M65, M70, M75, M80
102kg：M35, M40, M45, M50, M55, M60, M65, M70, M75, M80
109kg：M35, M40, M45, M50, M55, M60, M65, M70, M75, M80
+109kg：M35, M40, M45, M50, M55, M60, M65, M70, M75, M80
45kg：W35, W40, W45, W50, W55, W60, W65, W70
49kg：W35, W40, W45, W50, W55, W60, W65, W70
55kg：W35, W40, W45, W50, W55, W60, W65, W70
59kg：W35, W40, W45, W50, W55, W60, W65, W70
64kg：W35, W40, W45, W50, W55, W60, W65, W70
71kg：W35, W40, W45, W50, W55, W60, W65, W70
76kg：W35, W40, W45, W50, W55, W60, W65, W70
81kg：W35, W40, W45, W50, W55, W60, W65, W70
87kg：W35, W40, W45, W50, W55, W60, W65, W70
+87kg：W35, W40, W45, W50, W55, W60, W65, W70
1. Athletes must have achieved the qualifying standard for their age group and bodyweight category in an official event.
2. Participation must be approved by the Member Federation of the IWF in their own country in order to check the presence or absence of sanctions.
3. Lifting sessions will be conducted beginning with the oldest age groups first, and the youngest age groups last. Within each age group, it will begin with the lightest bodyweight category first and the heaviest last. Some bodyweight categories will be grouped together depending on the number of lifters in an age group and bodyweight category.
4. Participants will be selected in descending order from the results table of athletes who have achieved the qualifying standard for their age group and bodyweight category in an official event.
5. Japanese athletes must have participated in or entered into the 2020 All Japan Masters Weightlifting Championships.
1. The minimum age to participate is 35 (born on or before 31 December 1986).
2. In line with the sport-specific rules, an athlete must compete in their designated age group, with their age determined as of 31 December 2021. For example, if a person is 39 during Games time but has turned 40 by 31 December 2021, that person would compete in the 40-44 age category.
[August 7,2020]Updated '8 Technical Delegate' of Sports Information Guide.
[July 22,2020]Updated '3 Qualifying Period' of Sports Information Guide and Qualifying Standards.
[May 1,2020]Updated Sports Information Guide,Posted Qualifying Standards.
Sports Information Guide
※The above schedule was created based on the information that is current as of June 5th, 2020. It is subject to change due to various circumstances in the future.
|Location||61 Aza-yonmai Tateiwa Muyacho, Naruto City, Tokushima|
|Games Accreditation||―||Sports Check-in||○|
|Access||・40 minutes by Shuttle bus from Tokushima Sta.
・10 minutes by car from Kobe Awaji Naruto Expressway “Naruto“ Exit
Masters Village Tokushima（Around Tokushima Sta.）
|Location||1 Terashimahonchonishi, Tokushima-shi, Tokushima-ken|
|Access||It is directly connected to JR Tokushima Station. Please use the entrance of Tokushima Station.
I am planning.“Conference reception and Information center” is on the 5th floor of
TokushimaClement Plaza in Tokushima Station, and “Communication Areafor player and
Official goods shop' is on the 4th floor of the same plaza.
After the opening hours of the plaza (20: 00-21: 00), please take the elevator at Tokushima
Station to the 5th floor. During business hours (10: 00-20: 00), please use the “Tokushima
Station Premises Entrance”, “South Side Station Aisle Entrance” or “Elevator”